Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Day has been Made!

My day has been made folks! I had a Professor from the Physics department stop by and personally hand me a gift card for a massage for his appreciation of my hard work on his research proposals.
This is huge as often times we are not thanked personally from the faculty because they are so busy trying to keep their head above water with their teaching responsibilites, their research projects and whatever else they may have going on.
I almost wanted to cry. The faculty often times submit $12 million dollar research proposals 3 hours before they are due to the sponsoring agency in which they are requesting money, which makes my job very stressful. You have to rush around to review the proposal, run the budget figures and hope there are no errors in the submission and that it follows the guidelines with limited time to give a thorough review. So with this Professor doing this for me, it really made my day!
























And of course Adlee made my day this morning because she wanted to wear the scarf I was wearing. Jeremy said she is a little diva already! She loves to put on my jewelry as well! So sweet!





No comments:

Post a Comment