Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quite the scare!

Well yesterday was a very eventful day! My Mom scared a lot of us! She got to work and was not feeling right. She was having tightness in chest, chest pains and tingling in her arm. So she called her Dr. to make an appointment and they instructed her to call 911. So the ambulance came to work to pick her up. I received a call from her boss about 9a.m. indicating my Mom was on her way to the hospital. So I immediately left work to go check on my Mom. If something would happen to my Mom I would freak out!!! Me and her are really close.
So she is at the ER hooked up to many monitors, they did chest x-rays and made her do a stress test. The stress test came back positive which was not good news so they had to go in and do a heart catherization (not sure if I spelled that correct). Luckily the heart cath came back ok. If it would have shown some blockage they would have had to do a stint or a balloon procedure. My Mom had to stay the night in the hospital for monitoring. Needless to say it was a very long day. She was in the ER room til about 4:15, then moved to the heart cath area, did not get into her regular room until about 8, which she had not eaten anything all day so she finally got to eat at about 8 last night. Jeremy and I did not get home until about 9 and her boyfriend Steve did not get home until after 10.
Good news is she is fine and they think it is just stress causing the problems. So she is gonna have to take it easy. Glad she is gonna be ok! I felt really bad for her though because she just had to lay there all day, be hooked up to IV's and all sorts of things, not able to eat!
We have gotten so much rain today, I am hoping I am able to get home when I leave work. A co-worker said that some streets downtown Champaign were flooded!
I am also excited that my co-worker Jen had a baby boy Monday night! Jameson Howell Quinn! While I was at the hospital with my Mom yesterday, I ran up to see Jameson and Jen really quickly. He is very precious!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment