Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bittersweet End!

Today marks a very bittersweet end to Jeremy's career at Urbana Middle School. Jeremy has been at Urbana Middle School for the past 11 years. Urbana was Jeremy's first full time teaching job out of college. During Jeremy's career at Urbana Middle School, he taught history and literacy as well as coached High School football and baseball. In the last 2 years, he advanced to 8th Grade Dean of Students and Athletic Director at Urbana Middle School. During his time at Urbana Middle School, he completed his Master's degree in Education. Because of his accomplishments over the years at UMS, he was able to land a job as Principal of Gibson City Melvin Sibley Middle School.

I can't begin to express how grateful I am of my husband and how proud I am of him and his accomplishments. I have met many students he has encountered during his time at Urbana and I have seen first hand that he has made a significant impact on many kids lives. Jeremy's personality and traits make him a great person as a husband and as an educator. Even though his latest role was disciplining kids that were stinkers, they still loved him! Jeremy has gained many friendships from Urbana as well as become close with many parents. I know he will cherish his memories of Urbana and I will cherish the memories I have had just since we have been together. I also know that he will be missed by many in the Urbana School District. Although we have to move to Gibson City, we hope to remain in close contact with many of our friends at Urbana.

Although he is sad to leave Urbana, we are both very excited about his job at Gibson City. This will be a great career move for Jeremy. We have been told by many that once they have moved to Gibson City, they have stayed there for many years or forever. We have heard all positive things about the community and that it is a great place to raise kids. Because of that, we can't wait to get there!

As many know we are building a house in Gibson City and it is progressing rather well. We are very excited and can't wait for our current house to sell so we feel better about the purchase of our house in GC. Jeremy was able to travel to Gibson last night and take a few pics of our house and the progress.

Again, Jeremy, I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. Thanks for being a wonderful person and a wonderful husband and giving me the opportunity to decorate a new home (hee hee!) All your hard work and dedication is appreciated and has paid off. (Thanks to John and Jan for raising such a wonderful person, you excelled in the parenting aspect, not only with Jeremy but with Darci too, I can only hope we are as good of parents as you two)

Enjoy the pics of the progress....I had to take the time to brag about my husband a bit!



No comments:

Post a Comment