Monday, June 22, 2009

Martha Stewart!

Well this weekend I was feeling a little Martha Stewartish! I had purchased some things from Uppercase Living a while back and had not done anything with them yet and I also got 2 cute little sayings for free at a party I attended. So this weekend I decided to do something with the items for our new house. First I found a rather large medicine jar at TJ Maxx for $12. I had the "D" monogram and decided it would look cute on there. I am not sure what we will put in the jar, but I will find something I am sure. I also found 2 smaller medicine jars on clearance for $5 when I was grocery shopping last week. I plan to put them in our guest bathroom with cotton balls and q-tips.
I have a few other summer projects planned for things for our new house. I want to attempt to redo an old dresser we currently have in our garage for our guest bedroom. We do not have much to put in that room other than a bed and nightstand. I have some fun funky bedding picked out for that room so I plan to paint the dresser a fun funky green and put a black mirror over it. I also have an old wicker foot stool that I hope to spray paint to match one of our rooms in our new house. I will post pictures of those once I do them, but for now, here is the first of my fun summer projects. (Don't mind all of Jeremy's fishing lures on the table, he was doing a reorganization of his things:))



At our trip to TJ Maxx this weekend, I found a couple of other items for our new house. I am pretty excited about my bargains. I hope to do our half bath on the main level in a fun yellow color and accent it with black and white decorations. So I found the black and white rug at TJ Maxx and I got the zebra print towel at Target. I am wanting to do our master bath in a spa retreat type theme so I got the 2 pack of white rugs at TJ Maxx as well. And since yellow is my favorite color right now, I could not help but get this cute little yellow vase for $4.

We hit our local Farmer's Market this weekend for the first time this year. We just heard on our local news tonight that Urbana Farmer's Market is ranked Number 12 in the nation out of Farmer's Markets. I had to show off my rather large head of broccoli that was only $2.50. I made the yummy broccoli salad recipe I got from our friend Tiff, she had made this when we visited Kalamazoo a few weeks ago. The picture does not really do the broccoli justice, I think you had to see it in person to believe how big it was!
Broccoli
Bacon Bits
Raisens
Sunflower Seeds
Cole Slaw Dressing

Another exciting piece of info from the weekend, WE HAD A SHOWING!!! Woo hoo! We have not heard from our realtor how it went, they haven't given an offer, but at least we finally had a showing.
I would like to add a few pictures of my two pitiful precious dogs. They are so spoiled and so lazy. We had two dogs come in our yard this weekend while Lucie was out on the chain, one dog being a pitbul. When Jeremy opened the door, Dee ran outside and got between the pit and Lu Lu to protect her little sister. She was showing teeth and barking and growling at the dog. The dogs did not cause any harm but still kind of scared us. One pic is the two of them relaxing Sunday evening and the other is me trying to get them up so I can go to work....notice the time is 8:11a.m....hello running a little late since I have to be at work at 8:30. Get your butts up girls!!!


Welp, better sign off for now....I am gonna watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 to see their supposed "big announcement"! Jeremy is soooo excited he can hardly stand it!

1 comment:

  1. I love your "Iowa Hawkeye" themed bathroom. Way to sport the Black/Gold!!! JK...super cute purchases!

    ReplyDelete