Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I'd like to dedicate this post to my Dad and Jeremy's Dad and wish them a Happy Father's Day.
I can always count on a good laugh when I talk to my Dad. If I am having a bad day and he calls it always seems to cheer me up! Although my parents split when I was younger and I don't get to see my Dad as often as I'd like, I love my Dad very much. He has done so much for me over the years and been there during good times and bad. Today, I am going to spend Father's Day with my Dad by going to a cookout at my stepmom's sister's house.
Jeremy and his Dad are very close. As I type this, they are enjoying Father's Day together by fishing. They met halfway and decided to do a little fishing trip today. Every year Jeremy and his Dad like to go to Canada on a week long fishing trip. Since Jeremy does not have much time off this summer between jobs, and because he had wrist surgery in January, he was unsure if he would be able to go to Canada this year so they did not book their trip. We will see if they both will be able to survive this year by not going to Canada:) I like to tease Jeremy's Dad because he always has everything packed and the boat ready months in advance.
Below are special pictures of us with our Dad's on our wedding day! My Dad was proud to walk me down the aisle to Jeremy! Later in the night my Dad was also out on the dancefloor doing the jump rope with all of our friends....hilarious! I am sure his hip was paying for it the next day.
Jeremy could not think of a better person to have as his Best Man for our wedding than his Dad. Yes, he has close friends, but him and his Dad have a special friendship that no one else has!
Happy Father's Day to all the other Dad's out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment