Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend!

This has been the best weekend and I don't want it to end. The Mother's Day festivities started on Friday evening. Jeremy went to stay the night with his Dad as they were in a fishing tourney the next day so his Mom and my Mom came over and the 4 of us girls had a slumber party.

Let me start by saying that Adlee brought this cute little flower home for me from daycare on Friday. It is cute little things like this that I love so much! The kids put these together on Friday for their Moms. Vickie helped Adlee with hers!


Us girls went to eat dinner at the German restaurant Friday night and it was really yummy! Adlee had a ball because there was an Accordian player playing music. Adlee was dancing in her seat and the lady kept talking to her. There are also a million nick nacks on the walls there so she was looking at everything. Part of our gift to the Mom's was dinner. They had on special a really yummy wine that had fresh sliced strawberries in it.


I got this cute little card from Adlee.

Adlee's Grandma's got the card and helped her with it.



Another part of the Mom's gift were these summer slippers. They wore them Friday night lounging around the house. They also got a few other surprises in their goody bags.




It was nice having 2 Grandma's over, I was able to get a few things accomplished Saturday before they left. We are having a garage sale this weekend so I was able to get garage sale stuff in the garage. Now I just have to price it this week.






Jeremy and Adlee made my 1st Mother's Day super special! I loved the day so much and don't want it to end.



I received a nice card from each of them. I also got pearl earrings. I had received a pearl necklace for Christmas from our Mom's. Pearl is Adlee's birthstone so he got me earrings to match.




We went to my favorite sushi restaurant Ko Fusion for lunch. Jeremy was playing with Adlee and the chopsticks. He was grabbing at her tongue with the chopsticks and she loved it! Ko Fusion had wonderful high chairs. Like the best we have seen thus far in any restaurant. The only problem was the bathroom was not kid friendly and did not have a changing station so I had to change her in the back of my car. I got a new car this week so luckily we have a back that goes up and I am able to change her diaper back there.





After we ate we went to the Pottery Place. I wanted to paint a plate with Adlee's hand print on it for my 1st Mother's Day. Now the plate will take 4 days until I can pick it up so don't judge my art work but you can kind of get an idea. It was super fun and I want to go back and paint some more things. I was a little overwhelmed and so I feel as if I could have done a better job. I will have to go back to paint something else.




After the Pottery Place we went to a few stores and then went to Lake of the Woods to take a few pictures. I am trying to capture a good pic of Adlee that is good enough to put on her 1st birthday party invite. It was such a nice day.
























When we got home we played outside. We flew a kite Adlee got for Easter. I won't even mention how Jeremy flew it because it was very redneckish! Let's just say a fishing pole was involved.....You Might Be A Redneck! We also blew bubbles. Adlee got bubbles for Easter and we blew a few bubbles. After dinner we went on a good walk. It has been a wonderful day!









Our girl is sound asleep. Her naptime got interrupted today but she was a good girl! Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies out there! It has been a wonderful day for me!


































No comments:

Post a Comment