Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Great Fall Weekend!

This weekend was a great weekend. We started out on Friday by going to visit our friends Chris and Kelly Welch and their 4 kids. They live in Lake Geneva, WI. and were staying at a hotel in Bloomington. Bloomington is just 30 minutes from us. We were so excited to see them. We have not seen them since January when we went to the Dominican Republic....the kids did not go so I can't even tell you the last time we saw the kids. And we had never met the new baby Aubrie yet.
Saturday night a couple we have only met once had a big party/bonfire at their house and they invited us over which was really nice of them. We had a great time, watched football in their garage. They had a big blow up fun house for all the kids. There were a ton of kids there, Jeremy said job security for him:) Too funny! But The Fanson's house is awesome! They have a really big house with an inground pool in the back yard. Their shower in their master bath is a walk in shower with no door, it is so huge you don't have to worry about water coming out...and they each have their own luxury shower head! Soooo nice! I could go on and on about their house.
I made the best Caramel Apple Dip for the party. The recipe is as follows:
Caramel Apple Dip
1 package of cream cheese softened
1 c. brown sugar
1 container caramel apple dip
1 package of Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee crumbles
Mix the cream cheese and brown sugar. I spread in a round pie plate/pan
Top with the caramel apple dip and then top with the Heath crumbles.
Serve with cut up apples.
This recipe is to die for and I had so many people ask me for the recipe last night!
Today, I got the house all cleaned and have just been relaxing with my doggies. Jeremy is gone to a conference for a few days so we are home alone. I ran to Champaign today to do a few errands and that is about it. Looking forward to Jeremy coming back! The house is quiet, except for my squeeky dog that thinks she needs to whine at everything:)

Me holding baby Aubrie Welch


The Welch kids are sooo darn cute! Ashlyn, Alec, and Addie

Of course I had to put in a few pictures of my pitiful dogs. In case you were wondering, this is Dee's World and we are all living in it. She is 12 years old and thinks she runs the house!

And my sweet little baby girl! She was snuggling with her Daddy watching football Saturday!
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment