Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Not Many Plans Weekend!

This weekend has been great. I started off on Friday night by helping out with a little "Sprinkle" for my friend Chaley that is having a baby in January. She didn't want anything big since this is her 3rd child but her two kids are older so she has no baby stuff. We had it at her sisters house and had good food, good conversation with all of her closest friends. She got a lot of nice things such as hangers, bath stuff, diapers, wipes, wash cloths, blankets, some outfits, etc. Holden Hamilton Hausle will be making his appearance in January and I can't wait to meet him! Chaley's son Brody is my Godchild and was in our wedding.
Jeremy went to the last GCMS Friday night football game. They won and will be in the IHSA playoffs. They are a good team this year. At least we can say that about GCMS since our Illini are terrible this year. Can't wait for basketball now....it should be better!
Yesterday Jeremy and I and the dogs got pictures taken at our new house by the local photographer in town. I can't wait to see them! We should see them this week. We didn't really have any other plans so we ended up going to dinner and going to check on our Urbana house, stopped at Target and Farm n Fleet to get our dogs some bones and Halloween candy.
Today we are being lazy. We have made some veggie soup which is smelling pretty good. I made some little sandwiches for Chaley's Sprinkle and I had an extra package left so we will heat them up and have with our soup.

The sandwiches consist of this..
1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
Lunch meat (I used Ham & Turkey)
Sliced cheese (I used Swiss & Cheddar)
Mustard
Minced onion
butter
poppyseed
Slice the whole package of rolls across so the whole group of rolls are still together and you can spread the mustard and butter mixture easily (you will cut them into individual sandwiches when they are done cooking)
Spread mustard on the bottom
Mix 1 stick of butter, minced onion and poppyseed and spread that mixture on top half of rolls
Spread lunch meat and cheese in the middle...wrap in foil. I baked for approximately 30 min at 350. Although Friday night I had to bake them a little more. When they are done, cut individual mini sandwiches. They are really good.
Tonight I look forward to watching Extreme Home Makeover. Extreme Home Makeover came to Central Illinois and built a house for a girl I graduated High School with. The showing is tonight. It was a huge deal around here when they were here. Their house is in Philo, IL. which is about 10 minutes South of Urbana. The family is very deserving. Her husband runs Salt & Light Ministry in Champaign, IL. It is a place where needy people can go get food, clothes, etc. I am looking forward to seeing the new house that Jenny and her family have received. They were flown to Disney for the week their house was being built. The builders of their house own the subdivision that Jeremy and I live in and they have built several houses in our subdivision. Although they did not build our house.
This week, on Friday, my work is having Trick or Treaters....for the people that have children in our office, they are allowed to bring them in from 4-5 on Friday to Trick or Treat. I always look forward to seeing everyone's kids. Our Trick or Treat hours in Gibson City are from 5-9! Holy cow! That is a long time. We spent about $50 on candy and I hope we have enough!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment