Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Shower #4

This past Sunday, Jeremy's Mom, my Mother-In-Law, Jan, hosted a baby shower luncheon at her house. Jan is always the Hostess with the Mostess and it was perfect in every way. This was my 4th baby shower. I had one here in our town, one with family & friends, one at work and this one in Jeremy's parents town with his Mom's friends and friends of ours.
We had couples come into town from all over. It was great to see everyone! Saturday night we all got together for dinner and Sunday the girls came over for the shower and the guys had a golf outting. Couples came to town from Chicago, Wisconsin, Iowa and other areas of Illinois. It is so hard to get together with everyone, since most have children and busy schedules so we had planned this a few months in advance so everyone could make travel arrangements.
Jan had a luncheon that was yummy. She also provided muffins and coffee prior to the luncheon.

Here is the table set where we all sat and had lunch. Lunch consisted of chicken salad on croissants, a yummy salad, fruit skewers, chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, cookies.


Everyone knows my love of iced sugar cookies. These were soooo yummy and soooo cute with the Lady Bugs on them.

Another love of mine is chocolate covered strawberries!

The yummy cupcakes

Jan made these cute little vases for everyone to take home with them. I think the little vases came from Target. Very cute. They were at each place setting.

My favorite flowers are Gerbera Daisies. This was in the center of the table. I believe the vases here are originally from Ikea.

I also love fruit skewers!

A few of the girls sitting around talking. Michelle, Stef, Tara, and Tiffany.

The party started by opening gifts and having muffins and coffee. Jeremy and I can not believe how generous everyone has been with things for the baby. We have just about everything we need and could not be more thrilled. We received many cute things at this shower. I was wanting Trumpette socks for the baby and had not ordered any yet and we received many different ones at the shower so I was thrilled.

Here I am opening gifts.



One gift that we received was a clothes line full of items for the baby. Mostly clothes with some hair bows and bibs in between. The clothes ranged from size Newborn all the way up to size 4. You can tell by the reaction on my Mom's face that this was a really cool gift idea.

And my face:) I think I was a little overwhelmed by the generosity of this gift. And is that coat not the cutest thing ever! Too bad I have to wait until she is in a size 4 for her to wear it:) But it will give me something to look forward to. (Check out Jeremy's hottness in his tight rolled and stonewashed jeans in the picture behind me....and Darci's mall hair, oh if we could all relive the styles of the early 90's..too funny)


And Jan holding up another area of the clothes line.



I really wish I would have taken more pics of everyone there and also pics of our dinner out Saturday night. It was such a great weekend.
After the shower was over, the girls all went to pick up their children at the grandparents house and brought them back to Jan's house. It was soooo fun seeing everyone's kids. The guys finished up their golf game and came back to the house as well so we all got to see each other one more time before everyone had to head home.
We can't wait for the next time we will be able to get together with everyone.
Thanks so much again Jan for the great shower! It was very much appreciated all your hard work and detail you put into it! I am lucky to have a Mother in Law like you!
***Please note...I am trying to recover pictures from my work baby shower that I have meant to post for a few weeks now. I hope to be able to recover those and post.









No comments:

Post a Comment