Sunday, May 2, 2010

Great Weekend!

We have had a great weekend. Let me first say my laptop has crashed on me so I still have to post about my work baby shower. I am using Jeremy's laptop right now until I put pictures on our desktop computer. Luckily we were able to save all my pictures that I put on my laptop. But, I will have to get a new one. When it rains it pours, our printer broke, my laptop, Jeremy's lawn-mower...good grief!
This weekend was great! Saturday my Mom came over and we worked in the baby's room all day. I mean all day! We got clothes washed and put away and the room organized. The bedding came on Friday so we were able to get that put on the crib and it looks ADORABLE! I promise to take pics and post soon. I still have a few things to do in there...
My goodness this little girl has a lot of clothes. It was a relief to get it all organized. I am so thankful my Mom came to help. It was a job. We were both sore from sitting on the floor all day taking tags off of things...man, they put a lot of tags on kids clothes...and then folding the clean laundry. I fell asleep on the couch last night at 8 and slept until 8:30 this morning.
Jeremy was able to attend an Urbana boys baseball game. He also baked a turkey so we had turkey sandwiches for lunch yesterday. He was also able to get some fishing in at the little ponds at the golf course.
Today, I did more work in the baby's room and Jeremy put together the pack n play, swing, highchair and umbrella stroller, I wanted to make sure we put things together in case things were missing parts, etc, we could take back if need be. He also managed to get in 9 holes of golf and we had some visitors today. My friend Erin, her husband Mike and their boys Garrett and Tanner stopped by. They were in town for a Confirmation/8th grade graduation.
It was a great weekend and I feel like we got so much accomplished. Our next few weekends will be busy.
This week will be busy. I am prepared for a busy work week. Jeremy's is getting interviewed by the news in the morning about the award the middle school achieved this year. We are also being interviewed tomorrow night by The News-Gazette for a feature Mother's Day article. We were contacted by Carle Clinic to do a feel good article for Mother's Day since we are expecting our first child in June. We have another baby class on Thursday night! My cousin has her baby shower on Saturday. And Sunday is Mother's Day!
Can't believe only 8 more weeks to go or less until we meet our little girl!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment