Monday, August 23, 2010

Adlee's First Trip to the City!!

Jeremy, Adlee and I had a great time this weekend in Chicago with Jeremy's family. We spent the night Saturday night downtown and did some fun things. Jeremy's sister and family were heading back to London Sunday so we wanted to get together with them one more time before they headed back. They also had a birthday party for Hank in Chicago with their Chicago friends on Sunday which we wanted to attend.
First off though, my Mom and my Aunt Sherrie came to our house to get the dogs Saturday and when we got home on Sunday I had a birthday present waiting from my Aunt. I loooooove what she made for me. She made me this awesome bracelet with Adlee's name on it. She did such a good job.

And this was the little package of goodies that came in the cute box from my Aunt for my birthday. She always thinks of the greatest things!!!

And my Mom got Adlee this adorable Christmas ornament too! I love it. We are going to put a tree up in Adlee's room and decorate it with lots of pink!

So we celebrated this little' guy's 3rd bday yesterday in Chicago. Let me just say my sister-in-law finds the coolest things for her kids bday party's. But with them being in Chicago, they have a few more options than what we have:)

Hank & Maggie at the party...all the kids got the pirate hats!

So the party was at this genious idea of a place....whoever thought of it was really thinking....it is a coffee shop on one side and then a cute cute kids play area on the other. There is glass so you can either sit in the quiet coffee shop area or take your kids in the kids play area and enjoy coffee while they run around and play.


This picture above is in the kids play area looking out to the coffee shop area.
The picture below is the baby/infant play area within the kids play area.

I loved this sign on the counter..

And I had to take a picture of this Boston Terrier picture on the wall...since of course there is a pretty spoiled Boston in my family!
We got to order a coffee and hang out and watch a lot of little kids play!!! I took my pics before all the kids got there.


The pictures are kind of random on here because some are mine and some I took from Jan's pictures...
So this was Adlee's little bed she slept in in the hotel. We borrowed it from our neighbors and it worked out perfect.

So Saturday when we got to Chicago, we met up with Jeremy's parents at our hotel. Darci, Kyle and the kids were spending time with close friends they wanted to see while they were in the US so we all did our own thing Saturday.
We headed to Michigan Ave for some lunch and shopping.
Here is my Adlee girl at her first trip to Crate & Barrel. It appears by the look on her face that she totally digs this store:)

This is the view of our hotel room...looking out to Lake Michigan.


All that shopping we did Saturday and all the crazyness of Michigan Ave and the big city, my girl wanted to chill a bit when we got back to the hotel.


Saturday night we went to Navy Pier...Here is Daddy and Adlee walking down Navy Pier.

Us with the Chicago skyline in the back..


Like I said, the pics are totally in random order....We ate lunch at Grand Luxe Cafe and it was sooo yummy! Adlee slept during lunch!


So I did it...I broke down and bought my baby girl a Bitty Baby from the American Girl store. She has no clue but it was fun being able to take my little girl to the most popular little girl's store in Chicago!

All of us at Navy Pier Saturday evening.

Adlee in her cute outfit she wore to cousin Hank's bday party!!! I should have turned the picture but oh well:)

Adlee and Mommy before heading to the party!

Adlee, Mommy and Aunt Darci!

Hankie and his Aunt Kim.....he just sold me some flowers in the flower shop at the birthday party:)

The whole fam!!!!

Mommy and Adlee in the baby/infant area at the party!

Mommy, Daddy and Baby!!!

Yes, I am having fun at my cousin's party....I can't wait until I can get out there and run around and play!

Our little doll baby!


















No comments:

Post a Comment