Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around the Darnell residence. I have not left the house since Thursday. Adlee was diagnosed with Crupe last week so Jeremy stayed home with her Thursday. I picked up her prescription on my way home from work Thursday and we decided to keep her home on Friday so I stayed home with her Friday. Needless to say, I haven't left the house. We wanted to make sure her medicine was in her system for a little longer and just thought it would be in her best interest to be away from the other kiddies at daycare for a few days.
I got a lot done around the house during my days. Jeremy deer hunted on Saturday so it was just me and Adlee and the dogs.
This little girl is on the move! You can see from the pictures below that she is everywhere. She is mostly rolling everywhere but scooting as well. She really wants to crawl and probably will be soon. I don't know if I am ready for that or not! She about wore me out this weekend. She seemed to feel fine, didn't have a fever, ate plenty and like normal, took good naps, just her cough did not sound the greatest. By tonight, she is almost done with her prescription and it sounds a lot better.






Baby on the move!



I had to sit her in her chair so I could get something done so my built in babysitter took care of her for me:)

We knew this weekend we were going to get snow...however, the weather people said we would get 1 to 3 inches. Well, on Saturday, it snowed, and snowed and snowed. I am pretty sure we got almost a foot of snow. It was beautiful and good thing we did not have anything planned and another good reason to stay in the house. I wanted to take a few pictures of our first snow of the year! So pretty! It put me even more in the Christmas spirit.





I began putting our Christmas decorations up last weekend. I have always been the type that once I started, I did not stop until I had everything done. Well this year was a different story since we have a little peep that requires our attention. I started last weekend and didn't finish until this weekend.
I took a few pictures of our main tree. We have 2 other trees that I have not taken any pics yet and we also have Adlee's tree...see previous post.
My inspiration this year on my decorating was a cheap little tray I found at Hobby Lobby on Black Friday. I love the red and green along with the leopard print. I thought I would try and incorporate leopard print ribbon on our tree and mantle and I loved how it turned out. Plus I got new wrapping paper this year at Hobby Lobby and I really love it too! I did find the red spikey "things" (not sure what to call them) at Hobby Lobby this year as well! I have been keeping Hobby Lobby in business:)






So excited to have this extra stocking this year:) I got an "A" stocking hanger rather than having her stocking monogrammed.


Of course the doggy stockings have to be up. One is for my little sister Chloe!


The cheapy little tray I was referring to previously. I bought a few extras to put food on for Jeremy's staff party as well.

I have had this little guy for several years and I never get tired of him!
Bet you can't guess who the pink penguin presents are for:)


We took a few pictures today at our house for our Christmas card. Adlee's Christmas dress is precious! I can't wait to see how they turned out. We also have her 6 month pictures next weekend and I have some adorable outfits planned for her.




















No comments:

Post a Comment