Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend in Review

We had a wonderful long weekend! The weather was beautiful and it made the weekend so much better!
The weekend started on Friday, when Daddy got home from work. Him and Adlee had quite the little conversation.

We then headed to the GCMS Falcons first home football game! Adlee lasted about a whole quarter and was ready to go home. Plus it was really windy and we did not want her to get an earache.

The game wore Adlee out so much that she fell asleep in the Bjorn on the walk back home.

Saturday we got ready for a day of great fun. We got dressed all cute for the day!

Grandma Cathy came and brought Adlee a new toy! She loves it!!!

We then loaded up in Grandma Cathy's fancy new ride and headed to Peoria. We met up with more of Adlee's Grandparents, Grandma Jan and Grandpa John, ate lunch, did a little shopping and went to Pekin to Grandma Jan and Grandpa John's house. Adlee had not been there yet so she was super excited to go there. She got another toy from Grandma Jan that she really likes. Grandma Jan also made her a pillowcase dress which we forgot but we will get it this weekend. Adlee was super excited to go shopping with 2 Grandma's because she got sooooo much stuff!!! Bargains of course.

We hung out in our PJ's and hung out with the doggie doo's! Lucie turned her head while I took the picture so that is why her face is blurry:)

Mommy was craving El Toro so we headed to Urbana and had dinner at El Toro Sunday evening. From the looks on Adlee's face, it appears that El Toro was a huge hit!! She can't wait to eat some chips and salsa herself because she thought it sure did look good!
Adlee was incredibly precious all weekend! She is always precious but I think I just did not want to leave her side as I know I will be going back to work later this week and I am having a really hard time thinking about going back and having to take her to daycare. I know it will be great for her to be around the other kids but this is the hardest thing I have had to do yet!

And lastly, the highlight of our weekend was Adlee sleeping in her crib for the first time and sleeping through the night!!!! Let's hope it continues on. She slept from about 8:30 til 5, woke up at 5 to eat and went back to bed until 7:30. Jeremy and I both woke up at 5 and looked at each other, did you feed her? No, did you? Oh my goodness she slept through the night!!!!


It was a great great weekend! This week I am going to try and enjoy every single minute with my girl. Her and I have gotten so close during my maternity leave. She is my little BFF. Wednesday we have plans to go visit my Grandma. We also have to stop at the store and get supplies for Daycare. Thursday is Adlee's first day at daycare. I go back to work on Friday, but I am taking her Thursday so it is a little easier transition. Also, if I decide to go get her in an hour I can do that:) I am going to try and run last minute errands before returning to work so I am going to keep myself rather busy! I just have to keep telling myseld that I can do this and I can get through this difficult time!!!!
Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment