Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend!

We had a great long weekend. I took off Thursday and Friday last week and was able to get some things accomplished. Like I said in the previous post, I attended the 8th Grade Promotion at the Middle School on Thursday. Was able to have lunch with Jeremy afterwards and come home and get a few things cleaned before picking Adlee up at school. Friday I was able to get my hair done and my nails and toes done. I also did shopping for Adlee's 2nd Birthday party coming up in a couple of weeks. It is Elmo themed and is going to be pretty cute! We are keeping it very low key this year with just inviting Grandparents and Great-Grandparents and 5 of Adlee's friends. We were able to enjoy a few nice walks before the weather got too hot last week. Saturday morning we walked to the post office to mail out the party invites. That afternoon we headed to Pekin to attend a wedding/reception for one of Jeremy's buddies. We swam for a bit which was fun. Adlee was not sure about the pool at first because it was cold and then when it was time to get out she wanted to get back in. We met friends out for dinner Saturday night before heading over to the wedding/reception. The party was on a farm and they just had drinks, dancing and desserts. It was a nice change of pace from the average wedding reception. I only took one picture with my phone of us girls at the party. I didn't even take a camera. 
We picked Adlee up a new pool Sunday on our way home at Target.  We were all able to get in the pool Sunday.  It was nice and refreshing.  We went to visit my Mom and Steve as they have done some work on their house and ate dinner at El Toro which is always yummy!  Adlee loves El Toro. 
Monday Adlee and I did a few things around the house and played, Jeremy golfed with friends and then we grilled out yummy food with friends Monday evening.
Today is back to the grind of work, but looking forward to a short work week!
Girls at the reception


Adlee crashed on me Sunday after we got home.  I was not complaining...she has not done this since she was a baby!

Ready to go swimming in her new pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment