Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gender Reveal!

The past couple of days have been great for the Darnell's! It has been an exciting past couple of days! We are thrilled and so anxious to meet our sweet little one! We were able to capture Baby D on ultrasound! There were some tears that came down in excitement. We would not care either way if it was a boy or girl!
Below is a gift Jeremy got me for our ultrasound day! He got me a baby book for both a girl and a boy! I really like the books. We will send back the other to the company he ordered it from online!
Our ultrasound was on Friday at 1:30. We then had a Dr. appt right after. We kept the secret until today when our family came over. After the appointments we went to the mall and bought our little one a few outfits! We have been dyin to buy something! Or at least I have:) After the mall, we went to eat at the Ribeye! I had been craving The Ribeye! We had to pick up a few groceries and ended up being stuck on the interstate for an hour at a stand still. We got terrible weather on Friday and there was a horrible accident on our way home and we found out this evening from the Evening News that there was a fatality! Very sad!

Girl Baby Book!

Boy Baby Book

I got this idea from a couple of other blogs! I made this banner for the fireplace. Jeremy helped me! He took the paper to school and cut it for me:)

I made several blue and pink things to set out! I got a few balloon bouquets and flowers from the flower shop.




Jeremy's Mom brought over some beautiful Gerber Daisies!
My Aunt brought me my favorite....iced sugar cookies!

What do you think???

Boy or Girl?

IT'S A.........
We had the ultrasound tech take this picture for us! I wanted to interview the ultrasound tech before the ultrasound to be sure he had been doing it long enough for me to feel he was experienced enough! Not really, but I thought about it:) For some reason I was very nervous for the ultrasound! Baby Girl Darnell was moving all over the place!!!! She was active! I will have another ultrasound on March 8th! Looking forward to seeing her again then! Baby Girl's heartbeat was 150 this appointment. I am measuring right on track. She weights approximately 11 oz.

Below is Jeremy's Mom Jan, my Step Mom Sharon and my Mom Cathy pointing to GIRL!
We had everyone wear pink or blue depending on their guess as to what the baby's gender is? As you can see these 3 were hoping for a girl:)

For our big reveal, we got shirts for Dee & Lucie and we took them upstairs after everyone got here and put their shirts on them. We then brought them downstairs and turned them lose and they let everyone know that IT'S A GIRL!


Jeremy wore blue and I wore pink to try and throw everyone off!
Because our dogs are our only children until Baby D arrives and they are an important part of our lives, we wanted to include them in the big reveal!



Like I said, Jeremy and I went to the mall after our appointments and got Baby Girl a few items at Gymboree! So fun! We got some things for next fall/winter time. Below is what we got her!


So we did not expect gifts but everyone brought us a gift for the big reveal today! Although we did not expect anything and just did this for a fun way to tell our families, this is all the gifts we got! We got a ton of diapers!



A teacher from Jeremy's school left this gift basket in Jeremy's office today for us. They will soon be our neighbors when they build their house and it is complete this summer. They are also expecting their second child in June!
The basket is black which will match the nursery well! It was filled with a ton of great goodies!
All of this stuff came in the basket! There were clothes for 6-9 months, books, a little JJ Cole hat that I love!!! Some plates, spoons, forks and some snack cups, some burp cloths, some scrapbooking items, as well as a Vera Bradley bag with some diaper bag size baby wash and lotion! So creative and so very much appreciated!


This is one tired puppy! She played a lot today. Chloe (my Mom & Steve's Boston Terrier) was here as well as Angus (Jeremy's sister's dog that his parents are keeping)


And a tired old lady!

We had a great day today! It was a lot of fun doing a gender reveal party and planning for it! I was very nervous people could not come over since the weather got so bad but we were thankful everyone made it and made it safely and very appreciative of everyone coming over. Our menu consisted of BBQ, cheesey taters, cowboy beans, veggies & dip, and fruit & dip. And you can see from the pictures above all the sweets we had!
Jeremy's Mom got a video for me on her Flip. If I can figure out how to upload it, I will do that as well as post a few pics of our Little Girl from her photo shoot!
Have a great weekend! Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday!




















2 comments:

  1. So excited for you. A girl that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouraging words!! Loved the gender reveal party and can't wait to follow your journey and seeing pics of your sweet little girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete