Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day from the Darnell's!

Getting ready to head out for lunch on V-day. Apparently Lucie thought she needed to be in the pic as well.
For Valentine's Day we met Jeremy's parents in Bloomington for lunch. We had a great lunch. We then went to Fresh Market. Fresh Market is our new favorite grocery store. We do not go there all the time as it is pretty pricey but it is Heaven on Earth! The store is so extremely nice and their produce section looks like something out of a magazine. They have a fabulous baked goods section as well as meat counter. Jeremy likes the fact that they have a Sushi Chef on hand. They also have bins of nuts, dried fruit, dried veggies, different trail mixes, etc. We just really love the grocery store! We came home and took a nice nap. That is pretty much how we spent our Valentine's Day! It was a great day.
I mentioned in the previous post that I made Jeremy a homemade cheesecake for V-day. It is his favorite thing that I make. I found the cutest plates and napkins to serve with it...I had to take a picture. I got them at Walmart! We packaged up a cute little gift bag for his parents that included 2 slices of cheesecake with strawberry topping, 2 plates and 2 napkins as well as 2 Valentine's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.


My gift from Jeremy was he made me an appointment for a prenatal massage on my next Furlough Day which is March 5th. He put the money in my card to pay for my massage. I am very excited about it and will be really ready to have the massage come March 5th.
My gift to him other than the cheesecake was a goodie bag of random items...I got him a Nike Dri Fit shirt, a pair of sunglasses, a sugar container (kind of an inside story but he has been leaving the big ol canister of sugar out on the counter for his coffee and it drives me nuts being left out of the cabinet, so I got him the sugar container:)), some camo boxer shorts from Gap, a BBQ baster brush, some Combos (for those of you that don't know...my husband loves him some Combos) and some Valentine's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I got him a funny card and I also got him a card from Baby Darnell with some scratch off lottery tickets in it.

Here is the infamous cheesecake with strawberry topping! I have to admit it is pretty darn good.


And I have a feeling when Baby Girl Darnell comes, this is what I am going to have to deal with. Another Daddy's girl in the Darnell household. These two pitiful girls don't know what is in store for them! They are quite spoiled rotten!
We are looking forward to going and registering this weekend for Baby Gifts. I am still unsure what all we will be registering for. I know we plan to register at Target, Babies R Us, Babyland (a local store in Champaign where we purchased our baby furniture) and I have already done a small registry at Pottery Barn Kids. It should be fun to go look at all the baby stuff out there.
So far we have Baby Showers planned for April 18th & 25th as well as May 16th.
We have been watching the Winter Olympics. It really drives me crazy watching the skiing! The way their stomach is tossed all over the place and the speed they go is nuts! Maybe because I am packing extra cargo and my stomach and the thought kind of turns my stomach:) The Olympics are always fun and addictive to watch.
Have a great week from The Darnell's!



1 comment: