Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby Shower Number 1!

Today I had my first Baby Shower! My neighbor Casey hosted it at her house and another neighbor Jenny and a friend Emily helped out with it. It was so much fun. This was just a small shower of neighbors, a couple of friends and a couple of family members. I think all but 2 people that I invited were able to attend so there was a great turnout.
One thing I wanted to do was make a little "Thank You" favor for people attending my shower! I love doing little things like that. I made the little Baby Bootie below. The tag says "Thank you for being so sweet! From Mommy and Baby!" They were so easy to make.


The girls must have known that iced sugar cookies are one of my favorite things because they had these adorable iced sugar cookies made! They also had taco dip & chips, veggies & dip, grapes & strawberries, in addition to the cake and nuts. Tea & Lemonade to drink!

The pretty flower arrangment made by the florist here in town!

Here are all my favors. I made everyone take one before they left to go home!


I wanted to get Casey, Emily & Jenny a little gift for having a shower for me. I found these cute cups for Summer with their initals on them. They matched all the decor perfect! I also got them a small bottle of Bath & Body, Sleep lotion, Lavender scent. I love this lotion and it really does help you sleep great!


Here I am at Casey's house. I am 30 weeks! I feel like I look rather big. Keep in mind the dress I am wearing is not a maternity dress and is a size small from Ann Taylor Loft so although it fit, it may have been a little smaller than most of my clothes right now. But it worked out great and was a dress I had before I was pregnant!

Here is the adorable cake! It was sooo yummy! It was made by Sweet Designs in Mahomet! Along with the sugar cookies.


Me and the Grandma's!


Emily, Casey, me and Jenny! Emily brought her soon to be 8 week old twins Thomas and Tucker and they are precious! Casey's baby Miley was also there. I should have taken pictures of the babies but didn't!


Here are just a few of the many gifts we received. Everyone was so generous and we got so many nice things for our Baby Girl!
Here is a cute dress from one neighbor!


Another neighbor had made for us Steelers burp cloths. I will be sure to put a few of these in Jeremy's Man bag!

Notice the bracelet I am wearing...Emily's Mom got that for me! Too cute! It is a Baby Girl charm bracelet!

Yay! We got our highchair!


And a Newborn lounger by Bobby!


I should have taken a picture of the whole gift, but one neighbor, Miranda, has two younger girls. They picked out part of the gift....It was adorable! They picked out this Princess placemat, some dress up shoes, jewelry, boa, gloves, a Princess blanket...there were many other items in the bag as well such as wash cloths, booties, etc but the Princess stuff was a hoot!


My Mom got me a bag to pack for the hospital. Of course it was full of baby stuff. She also got me some Fit Flops I had been wanting. I thought maybe when I am finished with the bag I will give it to our Little Girl and she can use it as her "Going to Grandma's" bag!


My Mom also got her her first pair of high heels. They are hilarious! And actually came from a website called Heelarious! Too funny!
It was a great day and a great shower! I am thankful we have moved to a wonderful neighborhood where everyone is so wonderful!
I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow. I need another day of rest! We had our Prepared Childbirth class yesterday! It was a good class. We have the second week of the class on Saturday along with another Baby Shower on Sunday. My plan is to get the Thank You cards done for this shower this week so I do not get behind on Thank Yous!















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete