Friday, April 9, 2010

Update on Baby Darnell!

Today I had a Dr. Appt. Kind of a fiasco of a morning but I ended up getting to see our sweet little girl! I had my glucose test today. I have not heard if I passed yet or not, I am hoping so. After I had my blood drawn I had to go to my regular appointment with my Dr. I have not seen my actual Dr. since Jan as she was on maternity leave so I was looking forward to seeing her. I was waiting and they came in my room and said that she got called for an emergency c-section, would I be willing to see a nurse practioner? Of course I would! I had not been to the Dr. in a month and I wanted to make sure everything was looking ok. The nurse practioner I saw today decided I should have an ultrasound to check the placenta. We did not plan this so Jeremy did not go with me today. He had interviews for an open position at his school and was unable to attend the appointment. So I go down to my ultrasound and then had to go back upstairs at the Dr. office to see the nurse practioner to go over the results. I had planned to be at work by 10 this morning and did not get there until 11:30! Long morning at the Dr. office.
The highlight was seeing our little girl on ultrasound today! Oh my is she precious. She was blinking her eyes and I could see it on the sono! She was also opening and closing her mouth! She was pretty active, but it may have had to do with the fact that I had to drink the nasty orange sugary drink today. I was soooo excited to see her.
Everything is looking great. I am still measuring a week ahead of schedule which I have been my whole pregnancy. Baby Girl weighs 2 lbs 11oz right now. Her heartbeat was 153. The good news is the placenta has moved so I should not have to worry about the placenta previa anymore. Currently her head is down.
I now start going to the Dr. every 2 weeks. I know these last couple of months are gonna fly by.
I have been going to the bathroom more frequently and have been a little uncomfortable. Sometimes when she moves I think she is jabbing me with a foot or something.
This next week we have a Breastfeeding class, Jeremy has a class for Dad's only, and next Saturday we have 1 of 2 Prepared Childbirth classes. On Sunday the 18th I have my first baby shower that I am really excited for.

No comments:

Post a Comment