Thursday, April 15, 2010

Look What Jeremy Did at School Today!

Tonight, Jeremy is attending a Dad's Only class offered by Carle Hospital. I was sitting here paying bills and I get a text message from him...too funny! He texted me his first diaper change! He said the snacks are a lot better at this class than they were at our Breastfeeding class on Tuesday...since it is all Dad's. He said he got a piece of cheesecake! I am anxious for him to get home this evening to find out what he has learned! I just thought it was funny he was so proud of his first diaper change!

Tuesday evening we attended a Breastfeeding class. It was very informative and very helpful. We felt it was well worth attending. The class was packed with soon to be parents. Of course the snacks were healthy snacks such as cheese & crackers, apples, string cheese, trail mix...although there were small chocolate chip cookies...if we are talking about comparing snacks between classes!

Saturday we have our first Prepared Childbirth class. It is two Saturdays in a row from 9 to noon. I am very anxious to see what all we learn in that class. I have been warned that the video they show is of the worst birth experience ever so not to get too alarmed with that.

I am excited Jeremy's Mom started the curtains tonight for the nursery. She plans to bring them over this weekend when they come on Saturday. I am anxious to get the nursery put together, although I am still waiting on the bedding to be shipped. I am hoping within the next week.

At my appointment on Friday of last week, I had to have blood drawn after drinking the nasty orange drink to check my glucose. I am so excited that I passed the glucose test. That is a relief because I have known so many people with gestational diabetes.

I feel as if my feet are starting to swell. I have heard that some people's shoe size changes and never goes back to what it was before pregnancy. I am hoping mine stays the same as I have way too many shoes to have to try to buy new ones:)

I have my first baby shower this weekend. My neighbor is hosting it at her house and a few other girls are helping out with it. I am soooo excited. Stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment