Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Baby D....13 weeks!

Today was the most awesome day ever! We got to see our baby moving around on the ultrasound! Let's just say Baby Darnell is quite the showoff (like it's Daddy, I must add). Here are a few pics, now mind you, the pics are pics I took of our ultrasound pictures. We do not have a scanner on our printer at home and I was not about to go back to work and scan them. So I think you can see pretty clearly what the pictures look like.
Baby Darnell is measuring 13 weeks 6 days, heartbeat was 147 bpm, and as soon as she put the ultrasound on my stomach, it waved to us!!! It was moving all over the place, stretched its legs and arms out, was sucking its thumb and at one point turned its back to us and shined us the moon! I did not want her to quit with the ultrasound because I wanted to sit there and watch it all day long. The Sonographer thinks she knows what it is, and since we want to know, she did tell us, however, we will not be confirming that until Jan, nor buying anything pink or blue just yet! Right Cathy and Jan! Baby Darnell's Grandma's are getting a little anxious! Today they were looking for anything that may appear abnormal and everything looked just fine. I did have bloodwork done as well, and will get those results back next week.

Side view, the legs are kinda hiding a little bit!

Another side view, at this moment it must have had its arms down but the majority of the time they were all over the place!

Close up side view

And here it is sucking its thumb or with its hand to its mouth! Quite the show off!

I do not currently have a new bump picture. I have not grown a lot and somedays my stomach is more bloated than others so I don't feel like I can get an accurate picture at the current time. I am hoping soon!
Jeremy and I are both very excited and can't wait to confirm the sex of our sweet little baby!
For the most part I am feeling pretty good. Although this morning I did not feel so hot when I woke up, so not sure what the deal was with that, but I did feel better as the day went on. My nausea still comes and goes a little bit and certain smells still bother me. I currently cannot stand the thought of eggs and some meats and the smell of coffee. Brushing my teeth is a struggle and since I am the type to brush my teeth 6 times a day, I get the job done with a number of gags in there:)
Right now, I am relaxing with my feet up on the couch since now I am officially on Christmas break! Oh it feels so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment