Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby Darnell!!!!

It gives me great pleasure to finally announce to the blog world that Jeremy and I are going to be parents! YYYYYYAAAAAYYYY! We have waited for a while to be able to "officially" make the announcement. We have told our family, many of our close friends and co-workers. There are several people that know but also a lot of people that did not know. I was so sick, people thought I had the swine flu so we broke down and told people that I did not have the plague!
I am 11 weeks. Baby Darnell is due June 30th! We have had 2 ultrasounds, one at 7 weeks and one at 9 weeks. We have heard the baby's heartbeat 3 times.
Today, I had an appointment and wanted to wait until after today to officially start talking about the baby! I was able to hear the heartbeat today. The first heartbeat was 153, and 173 the second time. Today it was between 160 and 170, approximately 163-165.
I go back on December 23rd for some testing and then meet with my Dr. again on Jan. 11th. We will hopefully find out the sex the end of January.
How have I been feeling? Well so so! I felt great until week 6 and then it hit me one day. I was not sure if it was the flu or if it was morning sickness. I got sick several times that day. Well after that I lost my appetite and basically lived on Salitines and Ginger Ale! I was given a prescription by my Dr. I have tried to not take it if I don't have to. Finally by Thanksgiving I finally started getting my appetite back and was able to eat like a college student on Thanksgiving Day! Then, on Thanksgiving weekend I started catching a cold and lost my appetite again! I am still battling this cold and still blowing my nose all the time and coughing. I will be so happy when it goes away! Today I was weighed and have lost some weight since the last time I was weighed. They are not concerned since this is normal during your first trimester due to morning/all day sickness. I am hoping my second trimester will show some improvement on the sickness front!
I will start taking some baby bump pics now. I did not want to take many to jinx us in case something went wrong.
I will also finally post about our story and what it took for us to get here. It was not an easy process, but it also feels good to be able to talk about it and get it out there and to know we are not the only ones going through it.
So, for now, we will be excited and hope everyone else is happy to hear our exciting news! Now that I have it all out there, I will have lots more to blog about:)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Kim! I can't wait to read your story and see baby bump pictures. Have a great week and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy and Kim! We are so excited for you and your exciting news about Baby D! You have been in our thoughts and prayers during this time and we are overwhelmed with joy for you! You two will be amazing parents, Baby D doesn't know just how lucky he/she is to have you two as parents. I hope you begin to feel better soon and enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, it truly is one of the greatest gifts from God! All our Love-The Merricks

    ReplyDelete