Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O' Christmas Tree!

I love decorating for Christmas! I just love being able to sit with no lights on other than the Christmas tree and enjoying it! This year, since we have a much larger house, I was able to put up a few more Christmas trees than normal. Thanks to Jeremy's parents, we got a new Christmas tree for our living room in honor of his Grandma Darnell. And thanks to Jan, since she was here this weekend, she helped me decorate the two larger trees and the mantle.
Since I am home sick, I decided to do a couple of posts so be sure you read below at other posts. I hope to feel better soon. I started on Sunday with a scratchy throat and congestion and it got worse. I felt very miserable yesterday and laid in bed all day, didn't even get out of bed to watch tv or lay on the couch. I was able to take a few meds which have seemed to help but I decided to stay home again today just to be safe. Plus, I don't want to pass on my germs to my co-workers.

This is the big fatty tree that we have put up every year. Since we got a new one for our living room, I chose a different theme for this tree this year. It has chocolate browns and oranges on it, hard to tell from the picture but it matches the decor in our formal living room. It turned out really pretty!


This is our new tall pre-lit tree in our living room. Again it is hard to see the decor on it but it is mostly bright green, like a lime green and red. It came pre-lit with regular lights and larger lights here in there along with some pine cones. It is really pretty tree!


Here is our mantle. I still have to get a few tall candle holders for the center as I have some shiney bright green candles to put up there but I love the mantle. I am glad we got the mantle piece to put up. Jan and I saw one at Prairie Gardens for $100 and we were like no way! So we got one for $24 and just added our own picks and I added a few ornaments to it I already had. It turned out great.


This is in the chocolate brown and orange room. Just a fun centerpiece to match the tree!


This is actually tree #5, it is just a little table top tree that I thought I would go traditional and put the multi-colored lights on.


This tree has an all red and white ornament theme to it, with all red lights. It is in our formal dining room.

This tree is all white with an all white and silver ornament theme. It is upstairs in one of the windows so you can see it from the street. You should be able to see 3 of our trees from the street.

And of course the dog stockings are hung, including my little sister Chloe's...even though she has been naughty the past couple of weeks!


This centerpiece I got last year at Prairie Gardens. It is the bright green and red! You can see in the background I added the hand sketched picture below the Bon Appetit in the kitchen.


This is all we have up outside for now. Jeremy put in some red and green lightbulbs in our outdoor lights and we put garland and lights on our front porch along with 2 lit trees by the step. We also have a wreath on the front door but it is hard to see from this pic. We may add some more lights later, just aren't sure what all we want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment