Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Already!

This weekend flew by! It was a great weekend but was very short lived. Yesterday I went shopping with my Mom and my Aunt. I got several Christmas presents bought which made me happy. It was an exhausting day. Only because the stores and mall were so incredibly busy. But we had fun!
Jeremy went deer hunting yesterday and took the dogs out pheasant hunting this morning. I was able to sleep in and I slept until 9:00. I think I was pretty pooped from shopping yesterday. Needless to say, my doggies have been sleeping all day long! They have been just as lazy of a bum as me today! I haven't done a whole lot today. I think yesterday wore me out!
I can't believe we are getting so close to Christmas. I need to take inventory and see what all I have bought and what I have left. I really only have this coming weekend to finish up, and of course my lunch hours. We start having parties on the 18th and then I will have no time to do shopping. I hope to get some wrapping done this week in the evenings.
Jeremy and I aren't buying for each other this year. We figured a brand new house and the costs of new things we have put in it is good enough for us. We also just bought 3 trees for our yard so that in itself is a good ol chunk of change.
Right now we are both sitting in the living room on our laptops with our Christmas tree on. Oh how I don't want this Sunday to end. Back to work tomorrow. Good thing, I have a Dr. appt tomorrow so I get to leave a little early. I think I am getting in Christmas break mode. I am ready to be done for 10 days. Jeremy's last day of work will be the 18th, which that day after he gets out of school, we will be hosting the whole GCMS Middle School staff at our house for a Holiday Party. Jeremy goes back to school on January 4th. My last day of work is the 23rd, which I again have a Dr. appt so I will get to leave early again, and I don't return to work until January 4th as well. It will be a good winter break for us.
During our break, we will plan to travel to Chicago to say our goodbyes to Jeremy's sister Darci, her husband Kyle and our niece Maggie and nephew Hank. They will be leaving to move to London for approximately 3 years. Darci works for a company in Chicago who also has a location in London and she has decided to do an international transfer for that time. It will be a great opportunity and experience for them, but we will sure miss having them just 2 hours away. Jeremy and I plan to travel to London during their time living in London. We would be really silly not to. Neither of us have ever been to London. We also plan to wake up Christmas morning in our new house. We will then travel to Pekin to Jeremy's parents house later in the day to spend a couple of days and celebrate Christmas with them, Darci, Kyle and the kids.
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment