Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Shower for a Friend!

Today, I attended a nice Baby Shower luncheon for my friend Casey. Casey and her family are also our neighbors, they live directly diagonal from us. They moved in to their new house the end of November.
This is the cute invitation that was sent. The location had to change because the German restaurant where the shower was supposed to be held had a scheduling conflict. So, the shower ended up being at Dos Reales, a Mexican Restaurant in Champaign.


My friend Erin could not be at the shower so her and I went in on a gift. Our big gift to Casey was a Target gift card, with a couple of small things. This is my creative wrapping job.

Here I am before the shower. My tummy looks a little bigger than what it really is in this picture because I got a new shirt (non-maternity) and it is kinda big on me. I found this shirt at Bergners in the Juniors section. I thought I could wear it with my "skinny" maternity jeans or leggings. It is also very comfy!

This is Reese, Casey's oldest child. She is so cute and so sweet. She acts like she is 15 sometimes. She is precious. She also has a little brother Nick and the new baby will be a girl named Miley. Too cute!

This is Casey's niece. She was styling her friends hair with a fork:) I think they were getting bored. These two girls are both students at the school in which Jeremy is the Principal. I told them I had to take a picture to show Mr. Darnell what they learn to do at his school:) The stylist with the fork, her Mom owns a Hair Salon/Spa here in town. Her Mom does my hair. Her mom is Lyndi, Casey's sister, whom you will see in a picture below.

Cute cake!

This is the prego lady of the luncheon picture! Emily is on the far left and is pregnant with twin boys. She is due in April. Emily is also the Vet here in town. Then there is me, due in June, and Casey, due February 9th with Baby Miley.

Casey and her sister Lyndi. Lyndi helped throw the luncheon. Lyndi is also my hairstylist.

Casey & Lyndi with their Mom!

After the luncheon, I brought our neighbor Jenny and her daugther Payton home with me. We decided to stop at Old Navy and the Borders before heading home. Our husbands and Jenny's twin boys were at our house watching football along with some other guys so we were in no hurry to get home. I was so glad we stopped at Old Navy. I ended up getting a ton of maternity clothes for $2 and $3. I could not believe the sales. I got some short sleeve shirts for when the weather gets warmer, as well as a few long sleeve shirts for now.
These two cute little girls are Payton and Hadley. Hadley's Dad came over to watch football and hang out. Hadley's Mom is a teacher at the school in which Jeremy works and Payton and her Mom Jenny rode home with me from the luncheon and are our neighbors. Payton's Mom Jenny also is a teacher at Jeremy's school as well.
This weekend was the weekend for Kim to purchase Maternity clothes. I found some awesome bargains this weekend. Not only did I get my bargains today at Old Navy, but yesterday, my Mom and I went shopping and we found some bargains as well. I was excited to get a couple of shirts that aren't maternity but are big enough to wear as my belly expands in size.
Another cute story from today: Jeremy had a bunch of guys over to watch football. He grilled gourmet cheeseburgers for everyone. They were all sitting here eating, watching football and all of a sudden Lucie comes in the living room with a big ol burger in her mouth. The burgers were on a platter on the counter and she reached up and helped herself. She has never ever done that before and if I could have been here to witness it, I bet it was hysterical. You know she was thinking well if you all can have a burger, so can I! He immediately took the burger from her but he is pretty confident that she may have already helped herself to one burger before trying to help herself to a second burger.
The best part of today is knowing I don't have to get up for work tomorrow! Another day off.









No comments:

Post a Comment