Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things on my mind this week!

Something very exciting happened this week. I felt some flutters in my tummy! I was sitting at my desk working and felt it and had to stop and turn in my chair and really pay close attention. I was not sure if what I felt was accurate, but I have felt the same feelings more...so I think that is what it was!

Only one more week until we find out Baby D's Gender. We can hardly wait!

Jeremy has had a crazy week this week. He has had something every night this week. Good thing is, he entertained some people that serve on a panel to decide upon a National Middle School Award and we are pretty sure his school is going to get the award. An awesome accomplishment for his school! The Awards ceremony would be in Washington, DC in June, so I don't know that we will be able to attend.

I have been thinking about a girl this week that is around my age. She is neighbors with one of my best friends, Erin. Her name is Dawn and she just gave birth to her second child, a son last week. Just in the past couple of weeks she had been showing different signs and they had to take the baby about a month early in order to run scans on her and come to find out she has tumors throughout her body and there is nothing more than can do for her. I am praying for Dawn and her husband and two kids that they get through this time and that my friend Erin and her neighborhood get through this time as I know it is a hard time for them since they are all a pretty close neighborhood. I could not imagine this coming upon so quickly and what they may be going through.

Two years ago this evening a very horrific thing happened to my long time childhood friend's husband. He and his best friend were murdered in the home of his best friend in a rural area in Central Illinois. My friend was pregnant with their son at the time. To this day, they still do not know what happened and I just hope they find out what happened soon so everyone involved can be at ease with this. Ryan and Mark were your everyday Joe's. Good farm boys whom had many friends and were hard workers and came from great families. No one knows why this may have happened to them and I just hope the answer will come out soon. Thinking of Amy & Carson today!

Lucie has proven to us this week that she can not be trusted to be left out of her kennel for very long! We left for literally 45 minutes this week to go grab some dinner up town and came home and she had shredded one of my magazines. She also brought downstairs a stuffed cat I had in our guest bedroom that my Mom gave me a long time ago for Valentine's Day and proceeded to chew it's eye off! Needless to say she got in big trouble and has proven to us she can not be trusted for very long!

We don't have many plans for the weekend. I have a baby shower to attend for a girl in town who is having twin boys. Looking forward to that and meeting some more people from Gibson City.

No comments:

Post a Comment